January 27, 2008

Recommended Churches of Paris

Yesterday was my all-day lecture/seminar on Paris. There was a great audience--all very knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. Alas, in all my preparation I forgot to add my list of recommended churches--some famous, some less. Anyway, le voilà:
  • Sainte-Chapelle, 1st
  • Sacré Coeur (inside!), 18th
  • Church of La Madeleine, 8th
  • Notre Dame de La Lorette, 9th
  • Saint-Sulpice, 6th
  • St Eustache, 1st
  • St. Leu St. Gilles, 3rd
  • St. Merri, 4th
  • Saint-Paul Saint-Louis, rue St. Antoine, 4th
  • St. Eugène and Ste. Cécile, 6 Rue St. Cecile, 9th
  • Saint Severin, 6th
Of all of these, I must confess that the two churches I was most excited to see on this last trip were: St. Leu St. Gilles and Ste. Eugène and Ste. Cécile.

To those of you in attendance, thanks so much for coming and participating!

2 comments:

Loren Lange said...

Really enjoyed your presentation. When you said tomorrow, who would have expected 2:19 AM. You will be glad to know we have airline tickets (May 1 - May 13, 2008) and an aprtment. I will send the two apartment sites I used.

Loren Lange

Robert Molseed said...

Thank you for your very insightful presentation