February 25, 2008

The Joy of Being Quoted

Iceland Review is a gem of a magazine and when I'm in charge of all media I'm giving them the prize for layout--they do the best layout and graphics of any print publication I've seen. Really. Of course t's all mutual admiration as they quoted me in their most recent issue which you can read here. Here I am waxing poetic about the town of Siglufjörður in the north of the country (which happens to be a great little edge-of-the-world place to escape to):

“This is the kind of town where nobody locks their doors, where everyone knows each other, but where outsiders are as welcome as the sun.”

“A most remarkable trek crosses the eastern mountains at the Hestskard Pass and down into the untouched Hédinsfjördur or “heathen’s fjord”. Free of roads, traffic, people and towns, this may very well be the most pristine fjord in the whole country.”

No comments: