January 3, 2009

Oh, the Places We'll Go

A new year is here. For me, the new year did not come in with a bang. I spent most of it in bed with a sore throat, a cup of hot ginger tea and some long-winded Icelandic sagas, which are great books because they keep going on forever. Now everyone is asking me where I'm going this year and the answer is I do not know. I never really know in advance. I plot trips in my head all the time and then they don't happen but then other ones unexpectedly DO happen. On New Year's Day I spent three hours with my trusty atlas, scanning borders and roads, place names and islands. Will any of us see any of these things in our lifetimes? Probably not, but there is no harm in trying.

2 comments:

Camels & Chocolate said...

Hope you're feeling better! I'm such a planner type that I don't like that aspect of our jobs--the not knowing what's next. At the same time, it's kind of exciting, don't you think? And my propensity to plan everything so far in advance has kept me off a lot of really cool trips that I've been offered last minute, so maybe my resolution should be to go with the flow a bit more? =)

http://www.camelsandchocolate.com

Wan Norzita said...

Cool. I believed in everyone way & their point of view.It is depending on how we were brought up.